SALE - NOW INCLUDES TENT AND CARPET
The Illusion offers a beautiful balance of exquisite design and generous space. The built-in front awning creates a completely separate living area to use for food preparation, dining or storage. Alternatively, the internal wall can be rolled away to completely open up the tent creating a huge internal area. With many additional options for increasing your comfort and extending your space, it is sure to be the ultimate family tent.
UPDATED FOR 2018
- Sky Track ll, A flexible hanging system for lighting
- Range of accessories to fit the Sky Track
- Expandable tent bag, An oversized wide opening to make it simpler for packing your tent away
- High cable entry on the internal wall
Family Tent Shop Description
Despite being the smaller of the two Illusion's the 500XL still has the same layout and plenty of space. It is about as big a five berth tent as we sell with almost 10 sq. metres of internal living space, a further 8.6 sq. metres of enclosed front porch area and comfortable sleeping for five at the rear. Being part of the Vango Elite range the Illusion 500XL has the ultimate in features and design specification with a 420 denier double ripstop polyester fabric, 6000mm HH waterproofing, full mesh doors, multiple cable entry points, storm straps at front and rear, oversized airbeams, skytrack hanging system and skylights.
- Footprint to keep the underside of the tent clean and tidy and to make pitching the tent simpler NOW FREE
- Fitted carpet for the living area for a warmer cosier feel on your tootsies.
- Sky Liner provides a layer of air between your living area and roof to help reduce condensation
- Sky Shield for added tent life and
protection from the elements. The two sided protector can be put "dark
side" up to draw the heat in early/late season or "shiny side" up to
reflect the heat on hot summer days. NOW FREE
- Elite front awning for that all important extra space
Virtually as good as it gets for a five berth tent (probably only bettered by the polycotton TC 500 version). If the Illusion 800XL is just too big for your requirements then this is the perfect alternative.
Range: Airbeam Elite
Type: Three room tunnel tent
Berth: 5 Person
Rooms: 2 Bedrooms
Pitching Time: 15 Minutes
Flysheet: ProTex 420D double ripstop 6000mm polyester
Floor: Fully sewn in Oxford polyester
Inner tent: Breathable polyester
Pack Size: Tent: 78 x 50 x 50cm
Weight: Tent: 43.70kg
Number of Bags:1
Vango Airbeam Elite Features
- SkyTrack II® - A flexible hanging system which allows you to easily attach lighting, storage or our new SkyLiners. The SkyTrack system truly allows you to design your tent to suit your needs
- Easypack roller bag - Durable roller bag to take the effort out of moving your tent
- Generous king-sized bedrooms - big enough to fit a double sized airbed or double sleep mat
- High cable entry on the internal wall allows for increased flexibility on how to feed power cables into the tent or awning
- An adaptable door step which can easily be dropped to ground level allowing you to effortlessly enter your tent without needing to step over the entrance.
- Webbing storm straps - Provides secure guying at the front and rear of the tent.
- Larger diameter beams are used with certain shapes and fabrics, to further enhance the AirBeam experience
- Reflective guylines with guyline tidies - Woven with a reflective strip to pick up light
- Pre-angled beams - Achieve greater internal space than with a standard curve. Provides effective bracing against winds
- All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped - Provides watertight seal
- Vango Protex® 420 Double Ripstop 6000HH - expertly designed to maximise strength and durability.
- Fully Sewn-in Groundsheet - adds to the comfort of your tent by providing a bug and draught free environment. The groundsheet is attached to the flysheet with an external storm skirt to provide all round protection.
- Oxford polyester groundsheet - Fantastic balance between low weight and high durability
- Lightweight polyester bathtub groundsheet - provides a lighter inner base which packs smaller yet keeps your bedroom dry and comfortable
- NEW Fully zipped front awning - The optional awning is attached with a full zip to eliminate gaps between this and the tent. The new front door has a curved zip which can be used from either side and will pack into a window pocket at the base so no more rolling away
- Part mesh inner door - Allows ventilation, whilst keeping bugs out
- Covered entrance - gives a sheltered entrance to your tent, which prevents rain from dripping in to the living area
- Double zip door - provides additional flexibility by allowing the top of the door to be opened slightly for increased ventilation
- NEW Super Zips on flysheet doors - Stronger, smoother and more durable zips, ideal for the heavier weight flysheet fabric
- Living area pockets - Conveniently positioned for storing essentials
- Bedroom pockets - conveniently positioned pockets for storing your essentials
- Lights out inner tent - Darker fabric reduces the amount of early morning light
- Zipped inner divider - Offers greater privacy between inner bedrooms. Roll away when not required
- Diamond Clear windows - Maximise light and visibility
- Zipped privacy curtains - Simple and quick to use, zip curtains allow varying levels of opening. Fit to the flysheet with no gaps and simply roll down into a pocket
- NEW Skylight Windows - Windows which run along the roof line of the tent to increase the amount of light during the day and for star gazing at night
- Low and high ventilation - Combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent, reducing condensation
- NEW Bedroom low level vents - low level vents enhance ventilation throughout the bedrooms and decrease the chances of condensation building up
- Fire retardant fabrics - Meets European EN5912 safety standard
- Patented Vango TBS®II Tension Band System ensures tent performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds. When tensioned, the bands brace the pole at 3 points, and prevent sideways movement. Adjust TBS®II to remove slack. Do not over tension, as this may deform the poles. Can be stowed away in calm weather
- Line-Lok guyline adjusters - Patented guyline runners. Lightweight, easy to use and will hold firm in windy conditions
- 360º Night-time Reflection Points - multiple reflective points around the tent ensure that the tent is easy to spot at night.
- Reflective trim outline - For visibility in low light