A firm favourite with campers, the award-winning Capri is a great value weekend tent, perfect for smaller families and couples. This tent offers the perfect balance between light and space thanks to its generous bedrooms, stand-up height and airy living room. The tent also features large windows, a side entrance and a built-in front extension to create a multifunctional outside area which is ideal for relaxing - exactly what a holiday is for!
UPDATED FOR 2018
- Sky Track ll, A flexible hanging system for lighting
- Range of accessories to fit the Sky Track
- Expandable tent bag, An oversized wide opening to make it simpler for packing your tent away
Family Tent Shop Description
This is the biggest version of the Vango Excel Capri range of tents in terms of largest living area with over 10sq metres. The length of this tent is the same as the Capri 500XL but the width is an extra 60cm wider to account for another person. The Vango excel range of inflatable tents have a 70 denier fabric compared to the 150 denier of the Exclusive range and the front canopy has a fibreglass pole. Also the curtains are toggle up curtains and the waterproofing is 4000mm HH.
- Footprint to keep the underside of the tent clean and tidy and to make pitching the tent simpler
- Universal carpet for a warmer cosier feel on your tootsies.
- Capri XL side awning for extra space
- Porch door allows the extension to be closed off for extra storage space and privacy
- Sky Shield for added tent life and protection from the elements. The two sided protector can be put "dark side" up to draw the heat in early/late season or "shiny side" up to reflect the heat on hot summer days.
The Vango Capri 600XL is superb value for money for the fact it is an air tent and for the amount of living space you get. There are alternative tents to consider like the Kampa Hayling 6 (better fabric but the Vango airspeed valves are better) or the Vango Edoras 600XL which is in the Exclusive range so higher waterproofing, zip up curtains and 150 denier fabric but more expensive.
Range: Airbeam Excel
Type: Two room tunnel tent
Berth: 6 Person
Rooms: 2 Bedrooms
Pitching Time: 15 Minutes
Poles: Airbeam, Fibreglass pole
Flysheet: ProTex 70D 4000mm polyester
Floor: Fully sewn in waterproof PE groundsheet
Inner tent: Breathable polyester
Pack Size: Tent: 70 x 45 x 40cm
Weight: Tent: 23kg
Number of Bags:1
Vango Airbeam Excel Features
- Patented Vango TBS®II Tension Band System ensures tent performs in adverse conditions, especially in strong, changeable winds. When tensioned, the bands brace the pole at 3 points, and prevent sideways movement. Adjust TBS®II to remove slack. Do not over tension, as this may deform the poles. Can be stowed away in calm weather
- Pre angled beams achieve greater internal space than with a standard curve, provides effective bracing against winds
- Entrance has a full mesh door which provides ventilation and keeps bugs out
- Double zip door - provides additional flexibility by allowing the top of the door to be opened slightly for increased ventilation
- Lights out inner tent - Darker fabric reduces the amount of early morning light
- Covered entrance - gives a sheltered entrance to your tent, which prevents rain from dripping in to the living area
- Low and high ventilation - Combine to create a comfortable flow of air through the tent, reducing condensation
- Vango Protex® 70 denier polyester flysheet, 4000mm HH - Highly waterproof, durable and reliable fabric. Exclusive to Vango
- All flysheet and groundsheet seams are factory taped - Provides watertight seal
- Waterproof PE groundsheet - Robust and hardwearing fabric to stand up to the rigours of the most active campers
- Lightweight polyester bathtub groundsheet - provides a lighter inner base which packs smaller yet keeps your bedroom dry and comfortable
- Part mesh inner door - Allows ventilation, whilst keeping bugs out
- Bedroom pockets - conveniently positioned pockets for storing your essentials
- Spacious ISO standard sized bedrooms
- Toggled inner divider - Flexible options for sleeping or provides increased living space
- Diamond Clear windows - Maximise light and visibility
- Toggled privacy curtains - Provides privacy when required, can be rolled away when not in use
- Fire retardant fabrics - Meets European EN5912 safety standard
- High visibility guylines - Easy to see in low light conditions.